Twelve to 17 credits is considered full time.

The maximum number of credits allowed is twenty. The Registrar’s Office reviews the records of students requesting an overload. A 3.25 grade point average is required to overload.

Tuition costs are the same for 12 to 17 credits. Students must pay extra tuition for every credit over 17 credits excluding ensembles. Music lessons are billed at a separate rate. For details about tuition costs, please visit the Business Office.

No, musical ensembles do not count toward the 126 credits required for graduation.

Yes. Instructors have access to their class rosters on the web and students must acquire signatures for dropping and adding courses.

Students may register by filling out a tri-college registration form in the Registrar’s Office. Students must also be full time at Concordia to register for a tri-college course.

Yes and no. The upper level religion requirement must be taken during a student’s junior or senior year. Co-ops (numbered 390) are also limited to juniors and seniors. Other upper level courses may have prerequisites, but there is nothing preventing a well-prepared student from taking a 300-level course in their sophomore year.

Yes. It will lay the groundwork that other courses will extend and develop.

Students must complete the second semester of a world language to complete the core W requirement.

A course is never deleted from a student’s transcript; however if a course is repeated, the second grade, whether higher or lower, will be figured into the GPA. Courses may be repeated if the student has earned a grade of C- or below, or a U, and if space permits.

The purpose of the pass-fail option is to encourage students to try courses in fields other than their major or minor. Students may take a maximum of 8 credits or their equivalent (including transfer credits) on a satisfactory-unsatisfactory (S-U) basis; no more than 4 credits per department can be graded on an S-U basis, and a course taken for a grade of S-U cannot satisfy any of the liberal arts Core course requirements. For more information, students should contact their academic adviser or the Office of the Registrar.

To transfer credits, courses must be taken from a regionally accredited college or university and a standard letter grade of C- is required (grades of “P” or “S” are not accepted). An official transcript from the previous transfer institution must be sent directly to Concordia College Registrar’s Office. An official transcript is defined as one in a sealed envelope or a secure link by electronic PDF. Once a student’s official transcript is received, transfer credits will be entered and added to a student’s record. A class cannot be transferred in to be a repeat of a Concordia College class. All repeats must be taken at Concordia College.

Effective Fall 2016, transfer grades have been updated to show all “S” grades. Only transfer credits will be calculated in the total credits earned, grades calculated in the GPA will only be Concordia courses.

Please contact the Registrar's Office at 218-299-3250 with any questions.

will be entered and added to a student’s record. A class cannot be transferred in to be a repeat of a Concordia College class. All repeats must be taken at Concordia College.

Graduates receive their original diploma. A duplicate diploma insert and/or diploma cover may be ordered by contacting the Registrar’s Office for further instructions. Current fee is $20 for insert and $10 for cover. Payment is required before the diploma order is processed.